The "Family" cross is a small reliquary for storing holy objects. It is formed in the ancient tradition as a cross with several icons of saints. And intended for lifting prayers up for others, protects the family and marriage. The symbolism used in the design reflects the spiritual understanding of family life.
Inside the reliquary is a prayer to God, as the organizer of human life on the earth:
«Blessed art thou, O Lord our God, who art the priest of secret and pure marriage, and the law-giver of the body, the preserver of incorruption, and the builder of good things in life».
Iconographic images placing on the cross
- In the center — the icon of Christ the Pantocrator, the head of the Christian family and the heart of the spiritual life of man. Next to him, the Mother of God and John the Baptist are bowed in prayer. Classic composition "Deesis".
- In the upper part — the Prepared Throne, on which Jesus will sit at the Second Coming.
- In the lower part, the first parents Adam and Eve are depicted with their hands raised in prayer. All the families on earth are descended from them.
- The icon of the Virgin is placed in the central circle. She prays for the whole world and extends Her Veil over the people who ask Her for happiness on earth.
- There are the images of the holy martyrs-the spouses of Natalia and Adrian, as well as Peter and Fevronia of Murom on both sides from the Mother of God.
- God's messenger Archangel Gabriel, who brought the news of the birth of John the Baptist to Saint Zachary and the appearance of the Savior of his mother Mary, occupies a place at the very top.
- Icons of the holy confessors Samon and Gury and Deacon Aviv are at the base of the vertical crossbar.
Symbolism of forms
The shape and each component of the cross have a special meaning:
- The combination of a cross, a circle, and a square is a conjunction of the earthly and the heavenly.
- Equal sides — the image of Christ and the banner of his Victory.
- Vertical lines — the aspiration of the human soul to God.
- Horizontal lines — earthly love for family and neighbors.
The circle is traditionally associated with Heaven and Christ, and the square is an ancient symbol of the earth.
The Holy Fathers compared the Christian family to a Small Church, part of an Ecumenical Church Council. Marriage, established by God and consecrated by the church sacrament, is considered a foundation of human life. Husbands and wives form families, cities are made up of families, and the world is made up of cities. Quarrels between husbands and wives can destroy cities and bring turmoil and war to the world.
0 reviews for Encolpion Triptych The Lord Almighty. The Mother of God
If the decoration does not fit the color, size, style, etc. the seller is not obliged to take it back or exchange it;
If a product was found to have a manufacturing defect, which is subsequently confirmed by an examination, it is subject to return.
The warranty period for our products is 14 days. In the event of a manufacturing defect, we will exchange the product or refund your money.
Our store is part of the Orthodox workshop - store Andcross, which has warehouses in Latvia, Estonia, Greece, and Russia. Free shipping worldwide is made by registered air mail with a bar code to track the location. Deadline 5 -20 working days.
We also send United Parcel Service – express delivery. Dates and costs are calculated individually depending on the weight and country of destination. The terms of delivery of the UPS are agreed in advance.