Today, the Seraphim-Diveevsky Monastery is considered one of the most famous monasteries in Russia. The name of the monastery is directly related to the name of Seraphim of Sarov. An interesting fact is that this cathedral is the fourth, that is, the last inheritance of the Most Holy Theotokos.
The foundation of the monastery
In the 11th century, the Mother of God sent the famous monk Anthony to the Kyiv coast to found the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra. In the 19th century, the Mother of God ordered the widowed landowner, who took monasticism, to go to Diveyevo. Already there, nun Alexandra, by order of the Mother of God, remained and began to create the future temple. In 1780, the Kazan Church was consecrated. This is how the history of the Diveyevo Monastery began.
The Diveyevo brethren received a rather high status (monastic community) not immediately, but only after 80 years. Despite the fact that a large number of monks and nuns, like Seraphim and Alexandra, are tied up in the Kazan temple, it was a parish for a long period. In addition to the Kazan Church, the Mill Community was also founded, which gathered girls who took monasticism. And only by 1861 the Diveyevo Church accepted the status of a monastery. By the middle of the 20th century, there were already 1,500 novices and about 300 nuns.
The prayer that sounds from the Seraphim-Diveyevo community attracts believers from all over the world.
Shrines of the Seraphim-Diveyevo Monastery
Now the monastery includes 8 churches. Among the many shrines of this place, the most famous are the relics:
- Seraphim of Sarov;
And also the Groove of the Mother of God, which should serve as a barrier for the procession of the Antichrist.
In the modern world, a fairly large number of believers want to get to the Holy Trinity Seraphim-Diveyevo Monastery in order to ask God, the Mother of God, for help in their difficult issues. She extends a helping hand to all who honor God.